Sunday, February 1, 2009

A New Year Begins Today

"Remember today, for it is the beginning of always.
Today marks the start of a brave new future filled with all your dreams can hold. Think truly to the future and make those dreams come true.”


Happy New Year everybody. I've decided that since the month of January went by so fast, it was time for a start over. So February 1st is now the official start to my 2009.

What happened in January? Well I completed one, that's right ONE run. The Hair of the Dog 5 miler on January 1st 2009 (Part A). Ouch, guess that will take a toll when I run/walk the Tybee Half next weekend.

I only blogged three times. Pathetic.

I'm using this start over to refocus. I'm going to try, no I'M GOING TO write a blog every day in February. It may be short and sweet, but I'm going to write something.

I'm also going to start exercising again. With basically the last two months off, I need to be sensible about this, so my goal is 3-4 days of activity per week, slowly building my miles. Walk breaks, hell walking, is permitted. Relentless forward motion!

Now I know the one or two people that actually read this blog are thinking, "but Jeff, running a Half Marathon after two months of inactivity is not sensible and is actually crazy stupid." And you would be correct, but here is my rational.

I LOVE Tybee Island. My wife and I were married their in a beautiful sunrise beach wedding five years ago this April. It was also my 2nd Half Marathon (her first) last year and is far and away my Half Marathon PR. I have to do this and know that this will provide me with the motivation I need to get back on track.

My goal of reading one book a month is still on. I read QBQ! The Question Behind the Question by John G. Miller last month, and am currently reading Julius Caesar along with my 14 year old daughter. I have also started One L by Scott Turow so that I can have a better understanding of what Gerri (and I) will be going through as she starts Law School this year.

I'm kicking off my New Year with the 4:15 Service at NewSpring Church followed by the Super Bowl with our Home Group friends. Have a great New Year everybody!

No comments: