Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Marine Corps Half Marathon?

About a week ago, Gerri mentioned that she would love to run one more Half Marathon before starting Law School this summer. Of course that means both of need to get our training levels back up and then find one that looks interesting.

I found two that caught my attention. The North Carolina Marathon/Half Marathon and the Marine Corps Historic Half in Fredericksburg, VA. This event takes place on Sunday, May 17th.

We both got excited about a weekend trip to the DC area and a chance to run another Half, with 9,000 other runners. I think we both got an instant boost of adrenalin, just what any good training plan needs.

Thud, the sound of us realizing that we had previously committed to volunteering for the BMW Charity Pro-Am that weekend. I had volunteered to be a walking scorer for four days and Gerri for two days. We are now weighing our options. I could cut back to two days (Thu & Fri) and Gerri could take a pass this year. This would allow us to drive up Friday night, enjoy the Expo and Washington on Saturday, then run the Half on Sunday. We could possibly stay Sunday night and spend more time enjoying DC and celebrating.

We have not yet made a final decision, but I'm thinking that both of us are leaning in this direction. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

Since our son is in the Marines I vote for the Half Marathon. Scott and I LOVE DC!

The bike clinics are being held at Go Tri Sports. I will email you the rest of the list of free clinics that they are having. And yes... I will be more than happen to show you both how to change a tire.