Wednesday, February 11, 2009

BSD11 - Is your spouse your rival too?

I sat here on my hotel room bed in Macon with a blank blog page staring me in the face, having blog blank. I mean, I can't write about my run today because I didn't have one. I'd rather not write about work because it is after all work. There's nothing new to report on the Law School front for Gerri, come on Alabama, USC and Ole Miss.

On the TV, I'm watching the USA vs Mexico World Cup Qualifier. It's a big soccer rivalry game with neighboring countries vying for a spot in the Worlds biggest soccer tournament.

Gerri calls to talk some trash. Her UNC Tarheels are getting ready to take on my Duke Blue Devils. Nothing like some good natured ribbing to keep a relationship fresh. The funny thing is we have another major rivalry between my beloved St. Louis Cardinals and her Kansas City Royals.

If you don't take it to seriously, rivalries can be fun. At least she is a Bama fan, because I'm not sure I could deal with being married to an Auburn or Tennessee girl.

The USA just knocked off Mexico 2 to nil. Let's hope my Blue Devils can do the some.

Let's go Duke, let's go Duke, let's go Duke!!!!

1 comment:

Gerri said...

Yes, I'm your rival and love every minute of it. Let's go Tarheels, let's go! And remember, friends don't let friends go to Duke.