Sunday, February 22, 2009

House Offer #1


Three weeks ago we signed a contract and put our home on the market, and then the stress begins. De clutter, keep it clean, 25 yards of mulch, pressure washing and all those other minor details that go into making a home ready for showing.

Will buyers like the house? Did we use the proper agent and agency? Are people buying homes? How will the current economic environment affect our ability to sell?

We had five showings in the first three weeks, and each viewing received favorable feedback, but no offers. Until about 7:00pm tonight. Our realtor, Jonathan Chappell with Open House Realty called to let us know that the couple that looked at the home on Thursday had made an offer.

A few minutes later, he was here and we sat down to review the offer. It was a good offer, and we made a minor counter. A few thousand dollars, plus a 24 hour first right of refusal since they have a home to sell too. This allows us to accept the contingency offer without removing our home from the market.

A moment ago, the phone rang and Jonathan was advising us that our counter offer was accepted. Funny how things can change even while a blog is being written.

We have a long way to go, but things continue to move ahead. Now if we just knew where we were moving and when. I suppose God will reveal this information to us when he feels we are ready for it.

3 comments:

Robert said...

Congrats on the quick offer. I have always dreaded the thought of selling our house. Part of that is due to watching too much HGTV and seeing people verbally trash the houses they are looking at... I probably wouldn't want to know all the bad stuff!!!

CTBamaFan said...

Hey Robert, looks like your running is going well. I wish my training was at 100 miles per month. I'd love to get there and stay there as a base before my next marathon.

I'm curious how the Swamp Rabbit 5K will be handled. It looks like it is starting in TR. The initial logjam and subsequent bumping and shoving could be interesting to say the least. The GHS run is generally the race that the Girls on The Run uses for their 5K. So add in to the mix a lot of girls that don't have race etiquette and are prone to stop on a dime.

Sounds like fun:)

Robert I had to post this here because I was unable to leave a comment on your blog. Word Verification would never load.

Robert said...

Don't know what is going on with my word verification. I'll play with it tonight and see if I can figure it out.

I ran the GHS last year and was not really impressed, until I consider the cost is $5... I was looking forward to the move from Eastside to the trail until you mentioned the clogged up start... That could be ugly. If they started out at the Y like the resolution run, you would have about 3/4 of a mile to get the crowd sorted out. I also wondered if it is a point to point course or a loop back... No way you could have two way traffic on the trail.