Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blog Streak - Day 3 It's Almost Like Christmas Eve

I feel like I'm in a time warp, going backwards. Sunday was the start of my New Year and now tonight is like Christmas Eve. Why? Because tomorrow is a National Signing Day. That's right, the day that every die hard college football fan has been anxiously awaiting.

That's right, the day when 17 and 18 year old boys make grown men and women giddy when they decide to sign with your school of choice. With each D-1 school limited to 85 scholarships, and most players staying 5 years, this generally leaves between 17 and 25 players per school. Sign the highest rated players, and visions of National Championships in years ahead run through your head. Have a poor day, and college coaches are on the proverbial hot seat.

Last year, Alabama was credited with the #1 recruiting class in the country. This year, we are likely to have another Top 10 class. With Alabama still in the running for several still undecided 5 star players, we can either move up in the mythical rankings or have a disappointing day. My gut says that we'll win some, lose some and end up around the Top 5. This will help us to continue the "Process" as we once again become one of the premiere college football programs.

What will I be doing tomorrow? I'll be working, but my computer will be on, I'll be signed on to Tidefans.com, CrimsonCountryClub and of course Twitter for the latest news reports on faxed signatures arriving in Tuscaloosa.

And Bama Nation says ROLL TIDE ROLL!

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

Three post in a row... do I see a #4 coming today??

Need a running update. You know I am all about the running :)

If you need a good reference for an affortable carpet cleaner I have one. Great friend of our family!