Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blog Streak Ended

Okay, I didn't exactly make it through the month of February, but my streak did end for a good reason. No, I wasn't in jail.

Saturday and Sunday both turned out to be excellent family days. Saturday morning Gerri and I drove to Boiling Springs to pick up Heather. We went to the Pavilion to see some old friends from our Grrrowl days. Their Grandson was playing a youth hockey game and we wanted to cheer him on. Afterwards the seven of us went to Five Guys and enjoyed some lunch and camaraderie.

On the way home, we stopped at Blockbuster and picked up two movies. To Kill A Mockingbird (classic B&W with Gregory Peck) and FireProof with Kirk Cameron. It was nice to enjoy these films with Heather. She will soon be reading To Kill A Mockingbird at school and we thought that by watching the movie it may help hr enjoy and understand the book better.

FireProof is a deeply religious film, primarily focused on marriage and establishing a relationship with God. I believe this film was made by the same group that did the terrific film Facing the Giants. It was really nice to be able to share this time and these films with my wife and youngest daughter.

We even caught the last hour or so of a Walk to Remember, another tear jerker.

Today we woke, got the house ready for a showing and then headed off to NewSpring Greenville for the 9:15 service. We met our friends Eric and Rob for Church, and then had brunch at Stax Omega. We got back home, but did not get out of the house before the realtor showed. We quickly grabbed the cat and made ourselves scarce, driving around some of the local subdivisions.

Once we got back around 1:15, Gerri got ready for a 5 mile run downtown with one of her Team Tiara running buddies. Heather and I buckled down and spent some time studying Physics. You know the stuff that you learn and then forget like f=m*a and Newton's 3 Laws, and 3 types of friction. Although the studying went well, I found myself using the internet a lot to "refresh" my memory.

I took Heather back home to Boiling Springs and got back in time to go to the 6:00 NewSpring Service in Anderson. Gerri and I took her friend Heather, her first time to NewSpring. It was an enjoyable service and nice spending time with Heather. After we dropped her back by her car, Gerri and I grabbed some dinner.

It may not sound like the most exciting weekend to you, but spending time with my wife, my daughter (one of them anyway), our friends and some quality time at Church made this one terrific weekend for me.

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

Alright, you are off the hook since you had some great family time. just don't wait another month to post. :)

We watched some tear jerkers this weekend as well.