Monday, February 2, 2009

Blog Streak - Day Two

It's 9:45pm and I'm sitting in a hotel room in Augusta, GA. I decided to switch things up a bit and stayed at the Jameson Inn this time. Augusta is not known for especially nice hotels, at least on my company budget restrictions. I can usually do well staying at Choice Hotel properties (Sleep Inn, Comfort Suites), and continue to grow my points base. Unfortunately the Sleep Inn in Augusta leaves something to be desired and the Comfort Suites has not yet opened. I normally stay at the Microtel Inn, a decent room for the price, but since I'll be here for three nights, I figured a change was worth trying. This was a good decision. The Jameson is a really nice hotel for the price, a comfortable King size bed, good size flat panel TV and a nice desk, sofa and refrigerator.

I'm hoping to get a nice short easy run in tomorrow afternoon. There is a nice Greenway in North Augusta that I have enjoyed running before. If the weather does not cooperate, the hotel at least has as treadmill.

I had another productive day at home before leaving. I got most of the gutters cleaned out, except for about a 25 foot segment that is too tall to reach with the ladder. The gutters were in horrible condition, but nothing that a little effort couldn't clean. Amazing how pine needles travel through the air and onto the roof, eventually ending up in the gutters. They do a great job clogging up the gutters.

Another 5 yards of mulch has been ordered for delivery on Wednesday. The 20 yards we spread on Saturday looks great and the last 5 yards will finish it up. A friend from Providence Presbyterian will come by on Thursday to finish spreading the mulch.

Was also able to nail down a Pressure Washer for Friday morning. This should really complete the exterior items that we wanted done to help the house show better for potential buyers. Still need to get the carpets cleaned and perhaps a bit more painting in the Jack & Jill bathroom and the bonus room.

We're making progress.

No comments: