Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blog Streak - Day 5 Tybee Island Plans

This will be short. I just drove back from Augusta, stopped in a Panera in Simpsonville, waiting to meet Gerri for dinner at O'Charleys and then HomeGroup at Starbucks, before heading home to Easley. How's that for a run on sentence? Of course that is the most running I have done.

Sometime tomorrow Gerri and I will be leaving to drive to Tybee Island. We'll actually be staying in downtown Savannah. Our plans were to run the Critz Tybee Half Marathon on Saturday morning. We are both registered, but my sensible wife decided it would be best if we skipped the Half and ran the 5 miler instead. I was resistant at first, but decided she was right.

I haven't run since the Hair of the Dog 5 miler on New Year's morning, and even that was not tough as I had only run once or twice since the Spinx Half in October. Trying to do the Half Marathon would have been just stupid and irresponsible. Heck, I expect even the 5 miler will be tough.

But we love Tybee Island, and a nice easy 5 mile run at the beach will do us both some good. We can enjoy the morning, the scenery and relish our memories of getting married on the beach at sunrise on Tybee just under 5 years ago. We can also relive last years Half, my PR and her 1st Half. We'll be able to cheer on some friends at the finish and then enjoy a relaxing weekend of exploring, eating and maybe even enjoy some drinks.

That's the plan anyway. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

Glad that you both are still going and being a part of the event.

ENJOY!!!