Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Spinx Runfest Half Marathon

My first Half Marathon was in October 2007. The Spinx Runfest was a challenge. My training had been poor the two months leading up to the race, maybe even pathetic. A twelve mile training run on a hot, humid August morning running the Green Valley route was the beginning of my downfall. I began to doubt myself, my ability to complete a Half Marathon. I ended up running the event and was happy to complete the hilly course in just over 2:16 with only a brief walk break. Since then I have completed two additional Half Marathons (Tybee Island & Greer) as well as the Vermont City Marathon.

Post marathon, the summer heat, travel and my own lack of motivation and excuses have limited my training. We now are about 2 1/2 months away from the Spinx Runfest and it is time for me to get my training in gear. I need to sit down, work out my plan and begin to execute. Nobody can do this but me, I am solely responsible for my success or failure.

The Spinx Runfest routes are finally online and much different than in previous years. It's look like a fun, exciting and hilly run. Tick, tick, tick...the clock has started.

View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

2 comments:

Lori King said...

Hi Jeff!

Good for you on recommitting and getting your plan in order for the half. I just signed up for my first ever marathon today: June, 27, 2009 The Seattle Rock-n-Roll Marathon. Wahoo.

On another note, I wanted to let you know that I realized my goal this summer to summit Mount Baker! I hope Gerri will do the happy dance for me ;)

You can see my Baker pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27842683@N07/sets/72157606265749652/

Missing your witty comments over on Spark.

-Lori

G-Man said...

Jeff;

Looks like I will be joining you at both the Spinx Run Fest and possibly the Kiawah Marathon. 2 1/2 months is sufficient time if you focus and get on track...but I'm sure you know that; it's doing it that's the hard part! Good luck.

Chris 'G-Man' Giordanelli