Wednesday, August 27, 2008

TM Sucky Intervals

Late night attempt on a TM in Conyers, GA. Started around 10:30PM after being up since 5:00AM. Exercise was hot, humid and smelled, unless that was me. The TM was old, unforgiving and hard on my legs and back. I planned on 3 miles, but after a 1/4 warmup walk, the 1st 1/2 mile was torture. I changed my workout and ended up doing two (1/2 mile) intervals and two (1/4 mile) intervals with 1/4 mile walks between. Did I mention it sucked?

On the positive side, something is better than nothing and I got to watch Andy Roddick win his opening US Open match. Next to last point he just about decapitated his opponent with a 140 MPH serve. That my friends is a cannon blast.

It's hard to believe that it has been 26 years since I worked for the USTA and worked at the US Open. Jimmy Connors and Chris Evert Lloyd won that 1982 Open, the last time they won majors together.

It's 11:20PM and I'm exhausted and ready for bed. Back at it in the morning at 0500.

No comments: