Tuesday, August 19, 2008

If It's Tuesday this must be Hinesville

I traveled south to Hinesville, GA yesterday afternoon. An uneventful trip except for several large convoys of Asplundh trucks heading south for the anticipated damage from Tropical Storm Faye. It was an interesting site. My Power Steering warning indicator came on again, so I need to have that checked out at a dealer soon. Driving without Power Steering equals a pain in the butt.

After leaving Hinesville today, I'll head to Savannah, eventually ending up in Statesboro, GA. Hoping to get a run in later tonight, either around Georgia Southern Univ or in the worst case scenario on the hotel dreadmill.

For those interested, my wife Gerri wrote a hilarious recap of our Saturday night adventure titles, "Lost in a gated community". I highly encourage you to read this recap of our adventures.

http://onemarathonatatime.blogspot.com/2008/08/lost-in-gated-community.html

1 comment:

dadrunner said...

You're treading on some familiar territory for me. We moved to Easley from Savannah. I called on dealerships in Savannah, Hinesville, Springfield, Brunswick, Jesup, Stateboro, Douglas...and the list goes on. If you ever have the chance to run in Savannah, I highly recommend the Southbridge neighborhood (not gated). I logged countless miles there while training for Disney and St. Jude's. 25 mph speed limit that is enforced, beautiful homes, and completely sidewalked, and completely flat. Forsyth Park is nice too, but not real safe after dark. Good luck!