Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Recent Runs

I've been a bit of a slacker keeping up with my blog (and runs) during the past week. Travel and Olympics contributed but not to blame.

I ran 8 miles downtown with Gerri and Team Tiara on Saturday morning. It was a nice run, although the hills were a killer. The worst was McDaniel as we came out of Cleveland Park. It's a bit over a mile up McDaniel and the steepest part is the initial segment before you reach Cleveland. Luckily the Spinx Half (and Full) will bypass that initial steep segment, but their course has plenty of other hilly portions. We also had to deal with cemetery hill on Main Street at the end of the run. Overall it was a fun run and I felt pretty good during and after. We all enjoyed some coffee and a Chocolate Banana Vivanno at Starbucks afterwards.

We had the girls, plus one this weekend. So I was bad and took Chelsea, Heather and Mattie to Skins for lunch. Yummy, yummy, yummy! We relaxed during the afternoon and then met Robin and Eric for dinner at Outback to celebrate her birthday. Good food and company.

We all went to NewSpring on Sunday and then Mimi's Cafe for lunch afterwards. The girls headed home in the afternoon and Gerri and I helped out her Mom and Francis for a little while at her home before heading to Copper River Grill for dinner. I had a nice soup and salad.

Monday morning I got a late start but did manage to get in a sweaty 3.5 miles in Westchester. Pace was okay for a recovery run but the humidity killed me. I'm waiting to get back to the point where runs feel fun and easy. I dropped my dead PC off at my friend Jimmy Cokers office and then drove the 6 hours to Waycross, GA.

I have to head to Hazlehurst later this afternoon and need to get in a run. Unfortunately hotels in the area leave a lot to be desired and no treadmills. I'll look for a track at a local high school once the heat and humidity let off a bit. Looks like I better eat early so that my food can digest.

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

McDaniel.... it just goes and goes!!

After looking at the course once more and then talking with a group that ran the half marathon route my husband and I decided not to pull the trigger on this one. It really takes you through some bad sections of town. Will likely come down to cheers everyone on instead.