Friday, August 8, 2008

Madison 3 Miler

Sounds like a great name for a race, but today it was just an easy run through a gated community in Madison, GA. The subdivision was about 2 miles from my hotel, so I drove down and ran "behind" the gates. Very quiet. No cars, two walkers and one woman jogging about a quarter mile behind me. Lovely estate homes, a few "lakes" and lots of green space thanks to the Long Shadow Golf Club. Course looked nice, might have to see if I can get on there sometime when I'm down this way.

It felt a little strange to be back on the roads, not that it has been all that long. I felt really bouncy at first, but found my stride and settled in. I went out a little fast, started to get winded and then backed down and was comfortable the rest of the run. Well other than needed a bathroom. Finished the 3 miles in a 10:30 pace. Nothing to write home about, but I've promised myself to take it easy as things ramp back up. Temp wasn't too bad, 70 degrees but humidity was 89%, and it felt like it.

No comments: