Thursday, August 14, 2008

Short Work Week

I made it back home last night in time to meet Gerri and Pizza House on 153 for dinner. Nice salad with feta & blue cheese, cheese garlic bread and spaghetti with meat sauce. In my younger days Wednesdays were Prince Spaghetti days! If you have no clue what I'm talking about, see the ad below.

My week was short so that I could be home with Gerri when she went for Lasik surgery this morning. We woke early, she went for a run with Team Tiara, hung out at Starbucks with "the girls" and drank a Banana Chocolate Vivanno. After a quick stop by the Life Center and McDonalds for some coffee we were off to see Dr. Anne Parker.

Everything seemed to go well and Gerri is now home and taking a nap. She has a follow-up visit in the morning, but the Dr. has told her she can get back to running on Sunday.

My knee is feeling a bit better, so I'm going to get a short run in tomorrow, rest Saturday and hopefully do 7 miles with Gerri on Sunday before we head to NewSpring for church.


No comments: