Friday, November 28, 2008

Night Before Iron Bowl

Friday, the day before the Iron Bowl. Gerri and I slept in, well slept in by our standards anyway. We enjoyed some coffee while checking emails, blogs, etc this morning, then showered and packed for our trip to Alabama. We stopped in Anderson for lunch at Olive Garden, but quickly realized the wait time would be long with many people waiting outside. We diverted to Wendy's and then completed the drive to Birmingham. During the trip we listened to a few podcasts of Phedipidations and Run, Run, Live.

We got to our home away from home, the Comfort Inn around 3:00. We settled in and relaxed watching LSU lose to Arkansas before meeting Bama friends Alan and Linda for dinner at Johnny Carino's. It was nice spending some time with them, even though our waitress did everything she could to rush us out from the time we sat down until the time we left. This with absolutely NOBODY waiting for tables.

The anticipation of the game with Auburn tomorrow is growing and I can tell that both Gerri and I are getting anxious, ready for the game to be here. It's hard to believe that 12 games have once again come and gone. It has been an exciting season and tomorrow we can complete another undefeated season by beating Auburn and putting an end to our miserable losing streak against them.

One thought crossed my mind as I was driving today. As the end of another year approaches, it is time to begin thinking about my running goals for 2009. I need to look at key races and then plan my training to achieve the results that I would like. In addition, I want to come up with a Bucket List for races. I know this would be a fluid list, and in some cases may be a stretch. You'll have to check back in the future to see my list.

No comments: