Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Can't Catch A Running Break

Today looked like a promising day for running. Got done in Jacksonville around 3:15 and headed north towards Yulee, FL, about 45 minutes north. Decided to have an early dinner since I knew there was not much around my hotel, so I stopped at Duval Rd near the airport. My new team member that I'm training was about a mile behind me due to traffic. I called gave him the exit number and told him how to meet me at Sticky Fingers.

Can someone tell me how you can get off at the right exit, be less than a 1/4 mile from the restaurant and then get lost and take almost 40 minutes (and three phone calls) to finally get to the restaurant. I had a nice dinner, except for the slightly spoiled unsweet tea and then drove the remaining 15 minutes to the hotel.

I expected to change into my running gear and hit the TM. I'm sorry the front desk exclaimed, we don't have a treadmill. Normally I'd opt for running outside, but we are on a busy, dark road with no shoulder. Looks like I'll another no run day.

Okay, so maybe I can watch the football game tonight. Sorry, the only channel on the TV that I can't see due to interference.

Oh wait, I missed the 1st half anyway having to finish and re-write the report from today's visit that should have been written and sent off almost 7 hours ago. Can anyone sense the stress and frustration in my evening? How about suggestions on teaching someone in their late 40's how to write using complete sentences, capitalization and punctuation.

I need chocolate and their is none to be found. Guess I'll have to settle for a chewable Vitamin C.

Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: