Saturday, November 8, 2008

5 miles + 5K +Bama Football

Okay, Gerri and I ran 5 miles of our planned 7 miles, then headed over to the YMCA and ran in a 5K charity event. 5 miles was tough (GI issues), but enjoyed the 5K with Gerri and she got a PR.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Update - Bama won in OT 27-21 and are still #1.

We had a wonderful Sunday with family, friends and church at NewSpring before I had to leave for Chattanooga. Today I was in meetings and then had to drive to Savannah. It's now late, I'm tired and have to get up early. Updates and hopefully a run on Tybee tomorrow.

Postscript on this blog. It was a long week. I never did get a run in this week while in Savannah. I got home Thursday night around 6:15pm, in time for dinner with Gerri at Arizona Steakhouse. We then moved over to Starbucks and a great time with our NewSpring home group.

This morning (Friday), I dropped Gerri at work, went to the Blood Connection to donate platelets (and watch Bourne Ultimatum), and now I'm sitting in Liquid Highway waiting for my haircut appointment at noon. After my cut, I'm meeting our friend Ryan Sills for lunch at McAlisters Deli, a nice big spud on this cool rainy day.

I'll then head home, pack and pick up Gerri for the drive to Birmingham. We'll stop at Olive Garden north of Atlanta, and get in late. We have a 12 miler scheduled in Mountain Brook, and then the Bama game against Mississippi State tomorrow night.

Should be another great weekend.

1 comment:

Chris said...

That was too close on Saturday! Glad we pulled it out! ROLL TIDE!