Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Travels throughout Georgia

Two days down, two to go. Started in Vidalia, moved on to Hazlehurst, now in Statesboro and then Savannah tomorrow. Vidalia is home of the sweet onion, Hazlehurst has nothing to offer, Statesboro is an interesting little town and home of Georgia Southern University. Savannah is a great southern historic city with outstanding architecture, food and of course Tybee Island.

Tybee was not only the site of my 2nd Half Marathon, and current PR, but also the place that my lovely bride and I tied the knot in a beautiful sunrise ceremony on the beach just over 4 years ago.

I may get a chance to run in Savannah tomorrow, although temps are going to be near 100. Otherwise this will be purely a business trip and I can look forward to getting home on Friday night. Hoping to meet Gerri, Chelsea and Heather downtown for dinner before their crazy summer schedules start.

Gerri and I will be flying out of Charlotte on Saturday morning to LaGuardia and flying back on Monday afternoon. Looks like viewing, service and burial for my grandmother will all happen on Sunday afternoon. Probably dinner with Don and Warren on Saturday night and then Gerri and I can wing Monday.

Hockey is in the third period, so I guess I'll call it a night, and settle in for the evening. Hopefully this game doesn't go three OT's too.

No comments: