Monday, June 2, 2008

On the Road Again



Monday June 2, 2008


After a trip to Vermont and a few days at home, it's time to get back to work. That means leaving home for parts, sort of known. After finishing up lots of paperwork this morning, I finally got on the road around 2:00pm. Destination, Vidalia, Georgia


Two routes available. You can go back roads at just over 200 miles or highways more than 100 miles more. Since it was a beautiful day for driving, I selected the slower but shorter back roads. The directions from Street Atlas were less than spectacular, but with some luck and a decent sense of direction I eventually made it in about 4:30 hours.


The great part about driving is being able to get caught up on my Podcasts. Since I haven't been traveling much, my iPod was jammed with over 100 podcasts just waiting for me. I listened to my old buddy Steve Runner @ Phedippidations, three Dave Ramsey podcasts and a new one with a guy named Chad that speaks fluent Japanese. I listen to the English podcasts. Luckily, I have many more hours in the cars this week to knock out some more.


After arriving in Vidalia, I grabbed a quick dinner at Zaxby's, Blackened Blue Salad, then did my evening shop at the Krystal restaurant. I stopped by the water tower to take the picture. This is near the small park with lots of Little League and softball games going on. There is a 1/2 mile paved running/walking path in the park that I used last time I was here. I may or may not use it tomorrow.

I finally made it to my hotel. Here is a snapshot of the front. The hotel is nice enough, although the room was about 90 degrees when I got here and after an hour or so the air conditioner is still struggling to get the temp done into the comfortable range. I won't be happy until there is frost on the windows:) I'm going to travel with my camera and see if I can find an interesting pic or two to add to my blogs. I still have the final chapter of my marathon blog to finish tomorrow, and hope to get back running again Tuesday afternoon/evening.

No comments: