Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

I had a good Father's Day even if I wasn't able to spend time with my girls. Gerri made sure to make it special, and she always does. We got to sleep in some and boy did that feel good after the past hectic week or two. I got some great iPod and iTune gifts, and two great cards (1 from Gerri and 1 from Shadow-our cat). We had a nice breakfast and readied for church. I got a call from Chelsea wishing me a happy Father's Day which meant a lot to me. I knew I wouldn't hear from Heather since she is away at Camp Chatuga.

We headed off to New Spring Church and like always enjoyed the service. I especially like the services when Lee performs and he was great yesterday. I also ran into an old co-worker after the service as we headed to our car.

After church we drove to Greenville for lunch at Barley's Tap Room. We had our usual hummus and pita and instead of the voodoo past I decided on a whole wheat calzone with pepperoni and onion. After lunch we walked around our beautiful city, hung on the Liberty Bridge for a while, watched a group rehearsing for an upcoming Shakespeare in the Park performance and headed back up to Luna Rosa for some great gelato. I got the Banana's Foster with the Velvet Chocolate and it was delicious. Think of eating frozen bananas coated with chocolate.

We headed home, and spent the rest of the day relaxing. I surfed the internet some, catching up on twitters, blog posts and forums, read some more of Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover and of course watched the U.S. Open. Is Tiger Woods simply amazing or what? Gerri went to the Carrie Underwood concert with a friend, a good distraction for her with LSAT's tomorrow.

This was a great Father's Day!

No comments: