Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kingsland, GA Run

After work in Jacksonville I made the trip up I-95 to Kingsland, GA. This area is best known for Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base, the home of the Atlantic Fleet, a group of Ohio Class submarines that carry Trident II nuclear missiles.

I had an early dinner at Cracker Barrel. Whole wheat French Toast, Bacon, Hash Brown Casserole and finished off with some un-sweet tea. I was in the mood for some ice cream, so I had a frozen mug with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, toasted almonds and topped with a cherry. Yummy!

I check in to my hotel, checked email, surfed the web and just relaxed. Around 8:00 I got dressed and headed off to find a local track. After some searching due to a street name change, I eventually found the track. It was a nice rubberized track with only a few walkers including 3 members of the local Fire and Rescue Squad.

I planned on 4 easy miles, and achieved my goal. The weather was still warm and humid. 87 degrees and 80% humidity. Mile splits were comfortable between 10:01 and 10:24. This will be my last run before the Sunrise 8K on Saturday.

One more day left and then home tomorrow evening. Hope to be home around 8:00pm for dinner with Gerri at Pizza House.

No comments: