Monday, March 2, 2009

3.5 miles in Orlando


Gerri and I spent our first full day in Orlando. We slept in late, had a less than special lunch and then headed to Fleet Feet Sports.

The owner, Eric was very helpful. Gerri ended up with a new pair of shoes, Nike Lunar Trainers. I tried them on and loved the way they felt, but Eric was concerned that they were too neutral and I needed to stick with a stability shoe. He did suggest I begin working away from the Adrenaline's that I have used since I started running. I tried on a few pair including Inspires and Infinity. So only a new pair of Super Feet inserts for my shoes.

We went back to our hotel, and went out for a run around Universal. We ran around the Portofino and Hard Rock Hotels on the Universal property. It was mostly beautifully landscaped pathways meandering around the waterways. About 1/2 way we reached City Walk, stopped for a brief period to sight see and then headed back.

The good news, no shin pain in my left leg. The bad news, my right calf seized up and felt like a baseball on the back on my right leg. What the heck! Oh well, tomorrow is another day and we'll likely attempt another run. This would be my first back to back runs in forever.

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

very nice report on the run. lol.. on the slight shift in disconfort. that is a sign of our age... keep moving forward :)