Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3 Miles in Madison Lakes (GA)

It's been a long day. Started in a restaurant in Chattanooga, TN at 6am. Then lunch with the KBE and FBC teams, followed by a trip to Krystal Corporate offices for a conference call with franchisee. Left Chattanooga in time to be in Atlanta rush hour traffic, but luckily it wasn't a horrible day in the ATL.

Changed my schedule from Conyers to Madison. This was a great change because it gave me a chance to get another run in tonight. A short distance from my hotel is a gated subdivision called Madison Lakes. I ran there once last year one morning, and knew it would be a perfect spot tonight. I parked near in a lot before the entrance and jogged in. I saw more people walking their dogs than I saw cars. The temperature was perfect and the sun low in the sky and setting.

This was my first back to back runs this year, and maybe as much as 5 or 6 months. After the horrible run yesterday, I had three goals 1) Go slow 2) Don't stop 3) Have fun. I'm happy to say that I achieved all three goals. Pain in my left ankle was noticeable, but not unmanageable.

I'll take a rest day tomorrow and then get in another run on Friday or Saturday.

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

cheers to hitting your goals. hope today and tomorrow are great!