Thursday, September 4, 2008

Home Home Home

An abbreviated week on the road. Here's a quick recap of my week.

1) Donated blood platelets on Tuesday. Something I try to do every two weeks, because I can and it helps others. I watched The Invisible while donating this week

2) Dropped $1,000+ at the Saturn dealer having my power steering fixed, oil changed, oil filter changed and nitrogen in my tires. Since when did power steering become computerized? I want to just add fluid instead of spending $1,000 replacing the complete steering unit. I got about 1 to 2 miles per gallon more on this trip, so maybe the new oil filter and nitrogen helped a little.

3) Worked in Thomson, GA and Aiken, SC. Completed my stores for the quarter, but with 3 weeks left, I'll be adding additional to help cut the number in the 4th quarter since my team is a man down. Another teammate in Memphis has been called up on National Guard duty to help out in Louisiana.

4) Got in a run! Yeah for me. Actually had a good three mile run in the dark, dark last night. Ran about a 1 mile loop in a neighborhood behind my hotel in Aiken. I ate a decent size dinner at Outback about 3 hours earlier, so didn't have high expectations. Started out fast, probably because I was "scared" in the dark and there were lots of dogs that I couldn't see barking. I looked at my Garmin, saw that I was moving along pretty good and decided to run hard for three miles. I ended up with 3 miles @ 9:15 pace, which is much faster than I have run in months. Unfortunately in the last 30 seconds I slightly tweaked my left ankle when I had to dodge a car that wasn't giving me any space and I stepped into a hole.

5) Dinner tonight with my beautiful wife. I know it's predictable, but it's nice to come home on Thursday night and start my weekend by having spaghetti with Gerri.

6) Looking forward to football. We'll leave for Birmingham Friday afternoon, have dinner at Johnny Carrino's and relax watching some Friday night football. Saturday morning we'll get up, drive to Tuscaloosa, walk around campus, tailgate with our friends and watch our beloved Crimson Tide kick Tulane in the ass just like they did Clemson last week. Oh yeah, we'll get up early in the morning to run a nice easy 10K too!

No comments: