Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mid Week in Macon

Another week on the road, and I haven't taken the time to do some blogging. I guess a quick recap is in order.

Had another great weekend at home with Gerri. After church on Sunday we grabbed lunch at Barley's, then went bowling. We haven't bowled in years, probably 3 or 4 years. Much like golf, I generally have good results after a long layoff and Sunday was no exception. We rolled two games and I was pretty consistent with a 184 and 202. Both games should have been 10-15 pins higher if I hadn't missed a couple of single pin spares in both games. Oh well, can't complain about a 193 average, but I can complain about the price. Gone are the days of bowling being an affordable family entertainment option. $4.25 for shoe rental and $4.50 per game. Are you kidding me?

Monday morning I had one of my worst runs EVER. The plan was an easy five miler in Westchester. The first mile felt okay, but then some lower leg pain discomfort. I stopped at 1.5 miles to stretch and walk, started again, stopped at 2 miles, started again, and threw in the towel at 2.5 miles. As I was walking back to the car I told myself that I had to at least get 3 miles. In a year and a half of running, I have rarely if ever quit a run short. I struggled to get to 3 and the entire time I was very uncomfortable. I felt like I was bouncing, and just dragging my left foot along. Hopefully a fluke, but I'm going to take it easy this week to see if I can head this thing off.

I drove to Warner Robins, GA on Monday afternoon/evening, spending the time listening to some of my favorite running podcasts as well as Dave Ramsey. I worked in Perry on Tuesday, then drove to Macon, where I spent the night and worked today and again tomorrow. I get to head back home in the afternoon and will stop to pick up my 14 year old daughter Heather.

I may try a short, easy run on Friday before taking Heather out to lunch as we meet our friend Ryan. Hopefully we can have a fun Friday, and then enjoy the weekend before she leaves for The Gauntlet, NewSpring Church Camp, on Sunday evening.

Now it's time to kick back on the bed at this Sleep Inn, watch my beloved St. Louis Cardinals play the Phillies, and get back to reading Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters before it has to get back to the library.

No comments: