Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yikes, is it really January 8th?

If you happen to read this blog, I apologize for my absence. Between the holidays and trying to get the house ready for sale, I've been pretty much Missing In Action. Next Monday things return to normal, well at least normal in my life. That means life back on the road during the week.

My running has absolutely suffered. My last run was the Hair of the Dog 5 miler fun run in Spartanburg on New Years morning. It is a beautiful, moderately hilly course that weaves through some beautiful neighborhoods. The brisk morning air seems like a great way to start the New Year.

I hate to say that my run was tough, with several walk breaks. The walk breaks can be attributed my rapidly deteriorating conditioning level as well as continued pain in my calf/shin in my left leg. I have not run since, and should be getting concerned with the upcoming Tybee Half Marathon in a four weeks. Last year Tybee was my 2nd Half and to date is still my Half PR. Unfortunately my conditioning and weight were much better a year ago, so I have no unrealistic expectations this year.

Gerri and I decided to not run the Shamrock Marathon because realistically we can't/won't be ready. I've really struggled with my motivation since the Vermont Marathon way back in May, and it's time that I snap out of it. If only it was that easy.

It wasn't that long ago that I started from scratch with the Couch to 5K program and if I'm not careful, I may need to start all over again.

3 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

and still.... no race report from your last half?? What does a girl have to do.

Time to set some 2009 goals. With each one you will feel better and better.

RunToTheFinish said...

Ok I just found your blog from Gotta Run...is that the Tybee Lighthouse at the top of your page? Maybe I'm crazy, but it looks like it!

RunToTheFinish said...

We actually got married on Tybee too which is why I recognized it! Our wedding didn't exactly go as planned, but Savannah and Tybee are BEAUTIFUL!