Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm Back, Sort Of, and Other Ramblings

This has been a slow start to the New Year.

1) I have not run since the Hair of the Dog on New Years morning. That probably does not bode well for the upcoming Tybee Half Marathon in three weeks.

2) I have not taken the time to blog, and I miss it.

3) I have not gotten back on a healthy eating plan. Mexican tonight, yummy, but not exactly putting me on the right path.

4) And I still haven't written up my Kiawah race report (Sorry Robin).

Although these things appear negative, overall things are positive. We have made good progress getting the house ready for sale. One more bedroom to paint this weekend and some de-cluttering in the office, kitchen and family room.

Gerri and I have spent additional time for NewSpring. Sunday morning service at 9:15am in Greenville, then volunteering at the 6:00pm in Anderson. Home Group on Thursday nights. And last night we had the pleasure to assist with an amazing membership class in Greenville last night. 300 people, that's right, 300 people had signed up for a membership class. Most churches I have belonged to did not even have 300 members.

We made reservations today for a week in Orlando. This will be a "work" trip, but we hope to be able to see some friends and enjoy a last hurrah before Gerri begins Law School.

Speaking of Law School, we are heading to the University of South Carolina in the morning for another Open House. This will be our 4th (Charleston, Alabama and Cumberland). Gerri is still anxiously awaiting decisions, having only heard from two schools so far. She was accepted at Charleston and rejected by Stetson. I'm praying for more decisions soon, especially positive ones.

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

Go Gerri.... law school.... what a great path.

I hear you on #4. If you don't write your report I am going to do it for you!!!

Question: Why does the really bad food taste so good? And don't get me started on a nice cold beer.

Need to clean up my act in that department more. Big goals this year require a clean, lean system.