Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Works Getting In The Way

Just a quick post in case anyone is reading this blog. No I haven't stopped blogging, although it appears I have. Unfortunately I also have not run in about 10 days. Not exactly the ideal taper for my upcoming Half on Oct. 25th.

The company I work for, Krystal Company, just opened a new restaurant in Greenville, SC yesterday. They asked me to spend last week assisting them with training and getting the store ready. This week is continued training and assisting with the store ops. I've been working about 12-13 hours a day and have been exhausted. When I got home yesterday, my feet and hips hurt worse than after the VT marathon in May.

I need to get in a run Wed or Thu morning and then Gerri and I will run 8 in Alabama on Saturday morning before the game.

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Not sure how I came across your blog, but somehow I did. Anyway, I'm in G'ville too as well as an avid Alabama football fan. Here's hoping the Tide beat Ole Miss and continue on their way to a long awaited SEC championship. I'm also a big fan of Krystals. I'm from Alabama and the only time I get to eat Krystals is when we go back home for a visit. I guess now I can go to Woodruff Rd.

dadrunner said...

No worries, I've been on a blogging hiattus (sp?) myself lately. The motivation for running and blogging must come from the same place.

As a side note, could you please ask the Westchester subdivision to not have any more community yard sales for the near future? Its not that I don't enjoy the Spongebob clock, the Power Ranger's bathmat, or the Buzz Lightyear pillow case, its just that my wife spent the better part of Saturday over there last weekend and now I hear Spongebob tick-tick-ticking away all night! : )