Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where Am I? Who Am I?

And what day is it? I really need to take a few minutes to catch my breath because the last few weeks have been craziness. Football season tends to be that way, combining weekend travel on top of my weekly work travel. Combine the lack of sleep last week and I'm still reeling.

The good news is I'll be working out of Greenville for the next two weeks as we get ready to open our newest Krystal restaurant on Oct. 13th.

Between now and Monday, things will stay nuts! I'm sitting in a coffee shop in Anderson, SC now, killing time and waiting for the Financial Learning Experience tonight at NewSpring. I'm going to bet that Joe Sangl brings out the big wood tonight with over 500 registered. We have been working on our debt reduction and this should help us get our arms wrapped better around the budgeting process.

Tomorrow morning is a scheduled 12 mile run, although I say what the hell, lets just due 13.1 and run the Spinx Half Marathon route for the hell of it. Of course I haven't run since last Sunday when the 10 miler kicked my butt.

After the run I get my haircut, then Gerri and I head to Bama. We get to fight the Taladega traffic this week, so there will be lots of drafting on the highway. We'll be meeting some friends for dinner tomorrow night in Birmingham. Gerri is taking the LSAT on Saturday morning at the University of Alabama, while I'm meeting friends from Florida for breakfast at the Waysider.

Then it's time to tailgate and get ready for the Crimson Tide game against Kentucky at 2:30 Central. We'll spend the night in Birmingham, then drive home Sunday, in time to volunteer at NewSpring for the 4:15 service. Gerri is a Greeter and I get to show my expertise in parking cars.

We'll finally get to relax for a few hours Sunday night before all hell breaks loose again on Monday morning. Life is crazy and I would not change it for anything!

2 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

Greenville Half is almost here.... you are ready!!!

It will be a great event no matter what ..one mile at a time :)

Mark Newman said...

I know that where am I feeling at this time of year especially! Keep up the strong training.