Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Vermont T-4 Days

It has been about a week since my last run, although I had plenty of exercise walking during the BMW Charity Pro-Am Golf Tournament last week. I really needed to get out today and the weather cooperated nicely. After work, I stopped to get a banana, power bar and some water. I ate some almonds from my car stash too.

About 6:15 I headed over to the North Augusta Greenway. My goal was a nice easy 4 mile run, about a 10:30 pace. The Greenway is a great place to run. Basically flat, 12 foot paved path, running through a pretty, mostly shaded and wind protected area. I started out easy and the first mile flew by. At the two mile mark, I did a U-turn and headed back. At three miles I saw that my average pace was slightly above a 10:41 pace. I felt good and decided to push the pace slightly in the last mile. I ended up running about a 10:27 pace for the 4 miles, roughly 41:50.

I walked a short distance to the car to cool down, and then headed back to the hotel. A quick change of clothes and off to Carrabba's for dinner. Chicken Bryan, my favorite along with an extra side of pasta to go along with salad and bread. And lots of unsweet tea.

Need some sleep tonight and the few remaining days prior to the marathon.

No comments: